What data do we hold?
Exeter Tutors holds data relating to you and your child that you have given us. Data is collected when you book lessons, events (eg mock exams and revision workshops) and when you complete online forms.
Our records include:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Current school
- Medical conditions / dietary requirements
- Courses, subjects studied & qualifications
- Results from exams and mock exams
- Information relating to progress during lessons
How do we use your data?
Transactional and Operational data
Exeter Tutors primarily uses your data to contact you. Reasons for contact include:
- To arrange lessons
- To send invoices and receipts
- To arrange events (such as mock exams and revision workshops)
- To inform you of our Terms & Conditions
- To inform you of our fees and term dates
- To inform you of cancelled lessons and to reschedule lessons
- To feedback on Student progress
By signing up to lessons, courses and events with Exeter Tutors, you give us permission to use your details for the reasons given above.
Marketing and promotion
- We will occasionally use your data to contact you for marketing purposes. For example, to inform you of Exeter Tutor events, courses and special offers that are relevant to you or your child.
In order to contact you about these, we need your permission. Please tick the appropriate box on the Student Registration form if you are a new customer or subscribe to marketing emails on our mailing list if you are existing customer. If you’re unsure how to do this, please email us on email@example.com.
You can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of marketing emails or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will we share your data?
Your data will not be disclosed with any external organisations. Exeter Tutors does not sell or give your data to third parties.
Your data will only be shared with Tutors employed by Exeter Tutors. Instances include where a tutor teaches your child or when a tutor is running an event that your child is attending. Data is shared with tutors via email and a secure messaging system.
How do we store your data?
Exeter Tutors uses the following secure websites and applications to use and store your data. These are GDPR compliant and password protected.
Exeter Tutors also holds hand-written and printed data about your child’s progress during lessons. There are held securely by the individual tutors, usually at their homes.
Your rights and preferences:
You have the right to:
- Ask to see, correct or delete the data we hold about you or your child
- This will be free of charge and completed within 28 days of request.
- Object to specific data uses, as described above.
- Object to receiving communications and direct marketing.
The directors at Exeter Tutors are responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to personal data and can be contacted on email@example.com
You can also contact Exeter Tutors if you have any queries or concerns about the collection, processing and storage of your personal data at the same email address.